Mission, vision and strategic objectives
Mission, vision and strategic objectives of the Faculty of Applied Languages are base on the vision, mission, strategic objectives and mission of the University of Economics in Bratislava.
The mission of the Faculty of Applied Languages is to provide a quality of higher education in the field of humanities and social sciences, to develop and disseminate knowledge, to educate professionals who will be able to succeed in the global labor market, and thereby contribute to the development of the current society.
The mission of the Faculty in each area of its activities is as follows:
- Providing high-quality and innovative higher education in attractive curriculum in the field of humanities and social sciences, with a focus on the interdisciplinary nature of the study
- Training competitive graduates of study programs in the field of humanities and social sciences who are able to successfully respond to current labor market requirements in both national and international context
- Creating conditions for implementation of the PhD program
- Offering opportunities for further training in the field of humanities and social sciences (rigorous exam procedures)
- Promoting the traineeship of students in the market and corporate sphere
Science and research
- Focusing on high-quality research and project activities in the field of humanities and social sciences
- Promoting publicity activities of faculty members with a focus on quality and international significance
- Promoting qualifying growth of Faculty members
International Relations and cooperation
- Supporting mechanisms for internationalization of education and academic cooperation
- Establishing and developing international cooperation with recognized foreign partners
- Promoting and participating the creation of joint and double diplomas
- Promoting international mobility of teachers and students
- Developing cooperation with the external environment (institutions, organizations and entities of socio-economic practice)
In 2019, the Faculty of Applied Languages will continue to provide a high-quality and attractive university education of an interdisciplinary character in accredited study programs. It will be a place supporting research, project and publication activities of its staff with an emphasis of international focus. It shall establish conditions for the qualifying growth of its members and for the successful implementation of the study program on the third level of higher education. The Faculty will further establish and develop international academic cooperation and actively cooperate with the market and industry on national and international level. As a place of a joint work by teachers and students and the synergies of teaching and research, the Faculty will consolidate its position as a dynamic educational institution in the field of humanities and social sciences in the Slovak Republic, whose graduates will be able to be successful in the global labor market.
Strategic objectives of the Faculty are based on fundamental principles of the EUBA activity and its mission. With regard to the strategy and development activities of the University, as well as to the mission of the Faculty, the Faculty of Applied Languages UE in Bratislava aims to achieve the following strategic objectives:
- profiling the Faculty as an institution which fulfills all the standards of the pedagogical and scientific workplace,
- profiling the Faculty as an institution which contributes to the creation of new scientific knowledge in the field of humanities and social sciences on national and international level.
Strategic objectives of the Faculty, the priorities, as well as the main tasks of the Faculty for the next period are anchored in the long term development of the Faculty of Applied Languages of the University of Economics in Bratislava for the period 2014-2018 with a view to 2022, resulting from the long-term development intention of the University of Economics in Bratislava for the period 2015-2019 with a view to 2023.