Mission, vision and strategic goals
Mission, vision and strategic goals of the Faculty of Applied Languages are derived from the vision, mission and strategic goals of the University of Economics in Bratislava.
The mission of the Faculty of Applied Languages is to provide high-quality university education in attractive programmes of study of various human and social sciences, to develop and spread knowledge and to educate professionals who can succeed in the global labour market and thereby to contribute to the development of the contemporary society.
The mission of the Faculty in individual areas of its activities includes:
- to provide high-quality and innovative university education in attractive programmes of study of human and social sciences with an emphasis on interdisciplinary nature of the study,
- to prepare competitive graduates in programmes of study of human and social sciences for practice so that they can successfully respond to the current requirements of the labour market in the national and international context,
- to create conditions for the implementation of the doctoral programmes of study,
- to create opportunities for further education in the field of human and social sciences (rigorous procedure) and
- to promote internships of students in the entities from practice and corporate sector.
Science and development
- to focus on high-quality scientific and research activities as well as project work in the field of human and social sciences,
- to promote publishing activities of faculty members with an emphasis on quality and international importance and
- to encourage skill development of faculty members.
International Relations and cooperation
- to promote mechanisms of internationalization of education and academic cooperation,
- to establish and develop international cooperation with recognised foreign partners,
- to promote and participate in the creation of joint and double degrees,
- to promote the international mobility of teachers and students and
- to develop cooperation with the external environment (institutions, organizations and other entities from the socioeconomic field).
In 2019, the Faculty of Applied Languages will continue to provide high-quality and attractive university education of interdisciplinary nature in accredited programmes of study. The Faculty will be a workplace supporting scientific and research activities, project and publishing activities of its employees with an emphasis on the international scope. It will create conditions for qualification growth of its members and for the successful implementation of the programme of study at the third level of university education. The Faculty will continue to establish and develop international academic cooperation and active cooperation with practitioners at national and international level. As a place of joint cooperation of teachers and students and as a place where synergy of teaching and research becomes everyday practice, the Faculty will strengthen its position as a dynamic and high-quality educational institution in the area of human and social sciences in the Slovak Republic, whose graduates will be able to succeed in the global labour market.
Strategic goals of the Faculty are based on the basic principle and mission of the University of Economics in Bratislava. With regard to strategic and development activities of the University as well as the mission of the Faculty, the Faculty of Applied Languages in Bratislava aims to achieve the following strategic goals:
- to profile the Faculty as an institution which meets all the standards of pedagogical and research workplace,
- to profile the Faculty as an institution which contributes to the creation of new scientific knowledge in the field of human and social sciences at national and international level.
Faculty strategic goals, priorities and activities as well as the main duties of the Faculty for the coming period are anchored in the Long-term intention of development of the Faculty of Applied Languages of the University of Economics in Bratislava for the period 2014 to 2018 with a forward-looking perspective up to 2022 resulting from the Long-term intention of development of the University of Economics in Bratislava for the period 2015 to 2019 with a forward-looking perspective up to 2023.